1/4 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
2 slices white bread
1 table spoon Nutella
How to do it:
- In a pie dish, whisk together milk, vanilla and egg.
- Place one slice of bread into the egg wash, allowing it to soak in for 20 seconds. Flip over and allow the other side to soak for the same length of time.
- On the stove top, in a skillet over medium heat, drop in a pat of butter. Once melted by the heat, drop in the first slice of soaked bread. Allow to cook until the underside is golden brown. Flip and allow the other side to cook to the same doneness.
- Once you flip the first piece of bread in the skillet, place second into the egg wash to soak, turning 20 seconds afterward, just like the first time.
- After the first slice of French toast has been made, place it on a plate to cool for about 1 minute while the second slice is cooking in the skillet. Once cooled for that amount of time, spread a thin layer of Nutella over the exact middle of the bread.
- When the second slice is done, immediately drop it onto the first piece, sandwiching the Nutella between them.