Apple Pie Pound Cake
On to something else!
This past week has been a very stressful one for me and, to be quite honest, I am glad it's over. A little baking helped a bit but not as much as I would have hoped. This is what I came up with; apple pie pound cake!
What you'll need:
- A box of pound cake mix plus half a stick of butter, 2/3 cup water and 2 eggs
- One can of apple pie filling
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Whipped cream, the kind of your choice
- Caramel sauce
- Preheat your oven to 350. Grease a square loaf pan and set aside.
- Mix together the pound cake, butter, water and eggs. Pour batter into the pan. Bake for 55 minutes.
- Allow the cake to cool then flip it out onto to a wire rack or large serving plate.
- Pour can of apple pie filling, sugar and cinnamon into a pan. Heat on stove until just warm.
- Cut cake slice and pile it with whipped cream, topping it with apple pie filling, whipped cream and caramel.