Saturday, April 30, 2011

Apple Pie Pound Cake

You may have noticed how my Tumblr's URL is taking up the top right hand corner of the above photo. Usually, I will just put photos on here without credits or straight from Flickr. Not this time. I had a very frustrating morning involving Flickr's privacy policy. Seems people have been able to share my photos though my settings were, clearly, on a function that is supposed to make that impossible. Needless to say, I will be tagging my photos from now on with my Tumblr account name.

On to something else!

This past week has been a very stressful one for me and, to be quite honest, I am glad it's over. A little baking helped a bit but not as much as I would have hoped. This is what I came up with; apple pie pound cake!


What you'll need:
  • A box of pound cake mix plus half a stick of butter, 2/3 cup water and 2 eggs
  • One can of apple pie filling
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • Whipped cream, the kind of your choice
  • Caramel sauce

Directions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 350. Grease a square loaf pan and set aside. 
  2. Mix together the pound cake, butter, water and eggs. Pour batter into the pan. Bake for 55 minutes.
  3. Allow the cake to cool then flip it out onto to a wire rack or large serving plate.
  4. Pour can of apple pie filling, sugar and cinnamon into a pan. Heat on stove until just warm. 
  5. Cut cake slice and pile it with whipped cream, topping it with apple pie filling, whipped cream and caramel.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I need to make this!!!

    and put the watermark across the middle so that the people cant crop it out. they do that all the time and i hate that!! transparent across the center

    ReplyDelete